BetterEducate.com

Timetabling for 2020-21

Posted by Scott Stewart for SD51 Boundary
45 1 1
Apr 27/20 7:59pm
Just wondering what other secondary schools are doing to prepare or think ahead to Sept 2020....business as usual as far as timetable goes or some form of a reduced schedule to incorporate distancing measures.  Any direction so far from districts on this?  Would hate to have to re-organize in August.
Respond

6 Responses

Apr 28/20 8:22am

Thanks for starting this post Scott. I’m interested in hearing how folks are tackling the unknowns... 

Respond

Apr 28/20 5:36pm

I’m interested in keeping up with this topic. It’s already a topic being brought up in our district. I was wondering about what a two block first semester might look like for schools that have a 3 day/2 day week. And then do the next two courses for term 2. Not sure what teachers would think. We might need to get a whole bunch of different ideas once we have the parameters and begin a pros and cons list. Thoughts?

Respond
Apr 28/20 8:10pm

yes, I agree. It is hard to start coming up with ideas when we are not sure what the parameters may be. I would suspect that there will continue to be distancing guidelines in place but how that will look is still a question mark.

Respond

Apr 30/20 12:21pm

Great topic. Thanks Scott. For us right now we are trying to build our timetable in the usual way although there are many new logistical challenges. We are semestered with 4 in semester one and 4 in semester 2. Our schedule has every class meet every day. I'm watching other jurisdictions around the world opening up and the most common thing I see is a maximum of 15 students in a class any given day. One way that would work for us would be half the class come one day and half the next. We can't make all the classes smaller - we wouldn't have the teachers for that. We have the additional challenge of most our students being bused in and how many could ride a bus any given trip...so many challenges. A bit rambly, but that is how the thought processes work right now.

Respond
Apr 30/20 12:29pm

Hi Heidi, I agree with everything your saying. I'm from Quesnel, so we also have the class size/bussing issue. This is going to take a lot of logistical planning to organize a safe return of our secondary students.

Respond

May 16/20 10:00am

I am creating a timetable assuming we will be at stage 1, all students in session. If we move between stages this fall at least we'll have a starting point.

Respond

Please login to post a response.