BetterEducate.com

Assessing learning in this new environment

Posted by Scott Stewart for SD51 Boundary
19 1
Apr 05/20 5:10pm
I am beginning to look at ways to create opportunities for my students on my Google classroom by using layered curriculum to differentiate learning options...wondering if others are looking to use a similar approach?
Respond

2 Responses

Apr 05/20 5:57pm

Sounds like a Shelley Moore-like "curricular plane" learning map: I must, I can, I could, I can try. Is that what you're meaning by layers?

I'm structuring my assessment using three or four key curricular competencies (that can be achieved at home) and writing a super simple learning map with "I can" statements. Haven't figured out how I'm going to track it with them. Curious if you have any ideas.

Respond

Apr 06/20 8:43am

By layered I mean setting up learning opportunities based on levels of engagement....for eg. my baseline would be a C/C+ level....something everyone should be able to do.  Then add some further complexity for a B level, and then further for A level.  The challenge is then to create some descriptors through a rubric form to help with the assessment piece.  Continuing to think about this.

I also think choosing a few key competencies is how I will approach this and then build the learning opportunities from there.

Respond

Please login to post a response.