BetterEducate.com

Staff moral and healthy culture.

Posted by Kevin Reimer for BCPVPA
151 5 1
Nov 12/19 12:44pm
Hello everyone, looking to create some dialogue around building and maintaining staff moral throughout the school year.  Does anyone out there have some tips / ideas / support structures they would be interested in sharing?
Respond

7 Responses

Nov 12/19 1:33pm

I'm trying to close every staff meeting with a wellness activity. This month I am wondering about giving each person a blank card and the table group passing the cards one way and writing positive, individual comments on the cards before they come back to the 'owner'.

Respond

Nov 12/19 7:19pm

We've started every staff meeting (41 teachers) with an opening circle and accompanying co-constructed protocols to guide us. Has been a positive influence for setting purpose, celebrations, check-ins.

Respond

Nov 15/19 1:19pm

Being a wellness role model. Taking care of yourself is a great way to help your staff look after themselves and being an example of balance gives staff permission to find balance. 

Respond

Nov 12/19 2:42pm

Hello-please email me-we are doing some brene brown work on this-I have a handout I can share if it is of interest-this is the second workshop I am doing with staff so a phone conversation may be in order so you have context. Feel free to email me speterson@sd79.bc.ca

Respond

Nov 12/19 2:42pm

Hello-please email me-we are doing some brene brown work on this-I have a handout I can share if it is of interest-this is the second workshop I am doing with staff so a phone conversation may be in order so you have context. Feel free to email me speterson@sd79.bc.ca

Respond

Nov 15/19 1:36pm

Thanks everyone for sharing your great suggestions.

Respond

Apr 30/20 12:12pm

In these challenging times, I am finding it is vitally important to connect personally in some way with each staff member every week. We have to be creative, but this is stressful for everyone and there is no replacement for personal communication.

Respond

Please login to post a response.