BetterEducate.com

Anyone have a great staff meeting icebreaker/team building activity?

Posted by Kyle Doerksen for BCPVPA
94 2
Nov 08/19 8:37pm
Looking for a solid team-building icebreaker that's brief, fun, and upbeat.
Respond

11 Responses

Nov 08/19 9:08pm

Thanks for the idea!

Respond

Nov 08/19 9:48pm

Hello Kyle,
This is off-topic, but is your father’s name Harold?
Cory.

Respond
Nov 11/19 8:56pm

No, must be someone else!

Respond

Nov 09/19 7:01am

We use a lot of the Tribes activities for our staff meetings. They seem to go well and we always have fun!

Respond

Nov 08/19 8:43pm

I’ve had success with a kahoot quiz on a meeting topic that ended in a prize. 

Respond
Nov 08/19 9:08pm

Thanks! Kahoot is a good one!

Respond

Nov 08/19 8:48pm

At the start of this year, we did educational six word memoirs.  Initially I wanted our staff to craft their own educational philosophy but that was pretty big to chew on.

I showed a quick video and introduced the idea with anchor charts for effective strategies/ hot tips when writing a memoir

https://youtu.be/nCJyUMHaL_g

All the best, 

jillian

Respond

Nov 09/19 8:38am

Chose a core value of your district or school. Have everyone share an example of a student or colleague making it happen or living it out. 

Respond

Nov 10/19 7:21pm

Instructions: Write your unshakeable truths/core values about teaching and learning on a slip of paper. Crumple it up.  Do a snowball fight- throw “snowballs” continuously until you’re told to stop. Pick up a random snowball and share out to group.

You’ll be surprised how many messages connect!

Here’s the best part- keep the sheets and share the unshakeable truths back to the group in the Spring to rejuvenate staff on the “home stretch”. 

Respond

Nov 11/19 9:00pm

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Respond

Nov 15/19 1:28pm

Table 10 is working on this through the technology. It is nice and quiet in here :)

We talked about some fun games and a think pair share activity. Get us up and movin' :)

Respond

Please login to post a response.