BetterEducate.com

Department Heads

Posted by Michael Kelly for Better Educate
25 1
Sep 01/19 7:03pm
I am wondering if anyone has job descriptions or ideas on managing department heads. I would like to better utilize the Department Heads at my school. If you have anything to share - that would be great.
Respond

2 Responses

Oct 29/19 1:56pm

Hi Michael,

I know it's been a while since you posted and I am curious if you came up with any ideas for your department heads?  At my school, we moved from department heads to Instructional Leaders and utilize them to support collaboration and our Inquiry projects at the school.

Our head steno manages a general supplies budget that teachers can access for teaching supplies - small stuff, while teachers in larger departments - Science namely, have a lab assistant that works on the ordering and watching the science budget for those items.

It hasn't been without hiccup - especially from those areas that are more reliant on having a manager for budgets and ordering, but for the learning organization as a whole, it has been positive.

Respond

Oct 29/19 1:56pm

Hi Michael,

I know it's been a while since you posted and I am curious if you came up with any ideas for your department heads?  At my school, we moved from department heads to Instructional Leaders and utilize them to support collaboration and our Inquiry projects at the school.

Our head steno manages a general supplies budget that teachers can access for teaching supplies - small stuff, while teachers in larger departments - Science namely, have a lab assistant that works on the ordering and watching the science budget for those items.

It hasn't been without hiccup - especially from those areas that are more reliant on having a manager for budgets and ordering, but for the learning organization as a whole, it has been positive.

Respond

Please login to post a response.