Using Better Educate to help out one of our highschool principals in SD51. if anyone has any leads on a shop teacher that is interested in employment in the Boundary which is on a 4 day school week please contact Brian Foy via email Brian.email@example.com. There is also a posting on Make a Future as well.
GRAND FORKS SECONDARY SCHOOL POSITIONS
1. Continuing, full time (1.0 fte), initial assignment to Electronics 9-12, Technology 8, Elective Gr. 8, Auto 11/12, Welding 11/12, and Welding 9/10.
• Possess a degree in education with specialty in Metal Work and Mechanics.
• Specialization in secondary school instruction;
• Have demonstrated successful classroom and shop teaching experience
• Have Red Seal certification (desirable)
• Have experience with the Canada Skills Competition (would be an asset)
• Have a working knowledge of the Revised BC curriculum including Learning Standards, Big Ideas & Core Competencies
• Have a demonstrated ability to design, adapt and modify curriculum to suit diverse student needs
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to safely supervise students in a multi-task shop setting
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to work safely with tools, equipment and materials
• Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to meet the individual learning needs of students wanting to transition to the workforce or post-secondary Trades programming
• Possess OFA Level 1 (First Aid)
• Possess WHMIS certification
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to utilize Performance Standards and other rubrics to assess student achievement
• Demonstrate effective use of differentiated teaching and assessment practices in mix grade classes
• Have an exemplary work ethic with a proven ability to work as an effective team member
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively with teaching partners and colleagues at the school
• Make a commitment to using the process of Inquiry as a professional learning practice.
For further information regarding this posting please contact Brian Foy at 250-442-8285.
To apply for this position please send your application to:
Mr. Ken Minette, Superintendent of Schools
September 15, 2003